Quick chicken stir-fry gets a flavor boost from fresh mango and pineapple
Give your chicken stir-fry a little tropical flair using fresh mango and pineapple in the sauce. Packed full of veggies, this is a quick and easy meal you'll make every week.
To keep things super flavorful but also healthy, I cooked chicken breast and fresh vegetables in coconut oil and then simmered it all in a simple teriyaki-style sauce blended with fresh mangoes and pineapple.
This ridiculously easy dinner comes together effortlessly, and it's something even your kids will love. While this version does have chicken, if you want to keep things vegetarian, just skip the chicken and enjoy as is, or add in some diced tofu.
Mango-pineapple teriyaki chicken stir-fry recipe
Serve this stir-fry over brown or white rice, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh mango, diced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup papaya nectar
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
For the stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow squash
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- To a blender, add all the ingredients for the sauce. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and the chicken, and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except for the cilantro), and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then stir in the sauce, and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Garnish the stir-fry with fresh cilantro, and serve warm.