Sprinkles make everything just a little more fun. I just made my niece’s first birthday cake last month and decided to do a mini four-layer fruit and buttercream cake completely coated in nonpareil sprinkles. Let me tell you, you’ve not seen a disaster of a kitchen until you try to affix sprinkles that bounce all over the counter and throughout the house onto a cake for 45 minutes. What. A. Mess.
Fortunately this Funfetti White Russian isn’t quite as messy in the making, but it’s definitely still just as much fun. Cake batter-flavored vodka (yes, this is a real thing!) and rainbow sprinkles turn the classic adult beverage into an almost kid-like fun experience with each sip.
Funfetti White Russian recipe
Total time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces cake-flavored vodka
- 2 ounces Kahlúa
- 2 ounces whole milk
- Nonpareil sprinkles
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Wet the rims of 2 glasses. Into a small plate, pour the sprinkles, and dip the rims into the sprinkles until they stick all around the edges.
- To a shaker, add the ice, vodka and milk, and shake until chilled.
- Pour the mixture equally into the 2 glasses.
- Pour the Kahlúa into each glass, then top with whipped cream, and serve.