When I’m craving something light (and meatless), I go for healthy baked chickpea patties.
These chickpea and zucchini patties mixed with organic citrus zest are ultra healthy. They do come out a bit drier than grilled or sautéed meat patties, so you cannot compare the two, but if you want to choose a healthier option, then these are the perfect bites.
To top the patties off, serve them with Greek yogurt mixed with lemon zest and fresh mint or other fresh mild herbs that you prefer.
Citrus chickpea and zucchini patties with herb yogurt dip recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups precooked chickpeas
- 1-1/2 cups or 2 medium zucchini, sliced in a mandoline slicer
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons organic lemon zest, divided (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon organic clementine or orange zest (plus more for garnish)
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint (or chives, thyme, parsley)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, zucchini, flour, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, the clementine zest, salt and pepper. Pulse until it becomes a paste.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper, spoon the mixture onto the pan, and make some patties. Leave ample space between the patties. Drizzle the patties with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- While waiting for the patties to bake, prepare the dip by combining the yogurt, the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, mint, salt and pepper.
- When the patties are cooked, drizzle with a fresh coating of extra-virgin olive oil, and serve with the yogurt dip. Garnish with the remaining clementine zest. Enjoy while warm.