Pretzel-crusted chicken with creamy lemon zoodles only tastes decadent
When the thought of another breaded chicken cutlet for dinner leaves you wanting to poke your eyes out of boredom, take a look in the pantry for that half-open bag of pretzels and say hello to a much more exciting chicken dinner.
Use a rolling pin, throw some of those pretzels in a plastic bag and crush 'em up. The salty crunch is the perfect chicken coating (it's best to eat these immediately as the pretzels will soften up in the fridge as leftovers) and when served on top of creamy (healthy!) zucchini noodles, it's a pretty well-balanced dinner everyone will love.
Pretzel crusted chicken over creamy lemon Greek yogurt noodles recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized or peeled with a julienne peeler into noodles
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, line a baking sheet with tin foil and grease with baking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour on a plate, beaten eggs in a shallow bowl and pretzels on another plate.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then dip in the eggs, coat with pretzels and place on baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the chicken breasts with cooking spray and place in oven for about 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss the zucchini noodles with the Greek yogurt, lemon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken on top of the zucchini noodles.