One-skillet dinners mean one thing — easy cleanup. This dish promises that plus all the flavors of a combination pizza. Lots of veggies and lots of meat. How is that ever a bad thing?
I’m obsessed with this dish. It’s so packed full of pizza flavor and a breeze to make. In just 30 minutes I can go from starving to stuffing my face. That’s what I call a perfect meal.
Loaded combo pizza pasta bake recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cut-in-half pepperoni, divided (or use mini pepperoni)
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, for topping
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the Italian sausage, and break it up with a spatula. Once the meat has just started brown, add in the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Sauté until the sausage is fully browned and the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the pepperoni, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, pasta and 1-1/2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer, and cover. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat, top with cheese, and cover the pot to help melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of crushed red pepper or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.