One-Pot Wonder: Sriracha chicken ramen from scratch in 30 minutes flat
Ramen is one of the fastest meals you can make on a weeknight. This version is packed full of spicy Sriracha chicken stirred into a rich chicken broth and Asian vegetable ramen. All this flavor in just 30 minutes.
I have always loved ramen, but that old, cheap, $1-a-pack version is not something I want to eat anymore. However, you can still use those noodles to transform your quick dinner into something amazing. You will go crazy for how awesome this noodle bowl tastes. If you like things really spicy, make sure to drizzle on extra Sriracha sauce.
One-pot Sriracha chicken ramen recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 packs ramen noodles (flavor packets not used)
- 1 (5.5-ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
- To a medium-size bowl, add the chicken, Sriracha sauce, kosher salt, ground pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine and coat evenly.
- To a 5-quart pot set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the prepared chicken, and sauté until the chicken is lightly browned and mostly fully cooked. Remove from the pot, and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock, garlic, lemongrass paste, chili paste and grated ginger. Set over medium heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes just to help the flavors combine.
- After 5 minutes, turn the heat up to high, and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, add in the ramen noodles and vegetables, and cook until the noodles are just cooked, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve topped with cilantro, lime and an extra drizzle of Sriracha sauce, if desired.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.