Pork chops are a great weeknight recipe because they cook up fast and can be topped with lots of delicious ingredients to easily change up the recipe. For this batch, I topped them with shallots, pancetta and lemon, and it turned out so tasty.
The best part about this dish is that it cooks up in under 30 minutes and is packed full of flavor. The light hint of lemon brings a big burst of freshness to the dish that I totally dig. Plus, who doesn’t love pork smothered in crispy pancetta and sweet shallots?
Pancetta- and shallot-topped pork chops recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, sliced thinly
- 4 small shallots, peeled, ends trimmed, sliced thin
- 1/2 lemon
- Season the pork chops with desired amount of kosher salt and pepper, and sprinkle each side with 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- To a 10-inch skillet, add the olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the pork chops, and cook for about 5 minutes per side, till they are browned. Remove from the pan and onto a plate, and top with foil. Set aside while you prepare the topping.
- To the same skillet, add the pancetta and shallots, and sauté until the pancetta is lightly crisp and the shallots are soft. Squeeze in the lemon, add the pork chops back to pan, and warm over the heat just until the pork chops are hot again.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.