There is nothing easier than skillet pasta. All cooked in the same pan and ready in just about 30 minutes. You cannot go wrong with this easy and delicious dish.
I know typical lasagna is served with ground beef, but this version is jazzed up with a little spicy Italian sausage, meaty mushrooms and just a touch of red wine. Then I covered the top in two kinds of cheese, because who doesn’t love cheese?
One-skillet sausage-mushroom lasagna recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, ground
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mafalda pasta (or any other shape you like)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14-ounce) jar tomato-basil sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, mushrooms and onions, breaking up the sausage as it cooks. Once the sausage is browned, drain off any fat in the pan.
- To the pan, add the pasta, water, red wine and tomato sauce. Heat till boiling, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese, and serve hot. You can also broil the cheese under the broiler if you want the cheese to be more melted.