Chocolate-chai smoothie lets you get away with dessert in the morning
Starting your day with a smoothie can be a great option for people who like to have their breakfast on the run. This smoothie is packed full of chocolate flavor with a hint of chai spice to give it a fun twist. It's almost like drinking your dessert.
For this smoothie I also threw in a little Greek yogurt to give it that tangy feel that adds a nice punch of protein. The whipped cream and chocolate sauce are optional, but who doesn't love whipped cream and chocolate sauce?
Chocolate-chai spice smoothie recipe
Yields 2 – 4
Prep time: 5 minutes | Blend time: 5 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups ice
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened nut milk (I used cashew)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 – 4 tablespoons maple syrup (more or less, depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 teaspoons chai spice blend
- To a blender, add all the ingredients, and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add more nut milk until you reach your desired consistency.