Bacon-wrapped meatloaf 'muffins' make an old standby more fun
Keeping these little meatloaf cups perfectly portioned means the entire family will love them.
Lean ground turkey is combined with breadcrumbs and seasonings, wrapped in slices of applewood-smoked bacon and baked in muffin tins for perfectly poppable bites. Give these individually portioned meatloaves a hint of sweetness by glazing them with pure maple syrup before baking.
My family likes these meatloaves served with cheesy mashed potatoes or a side salad, but any side dish will work. You can even prep the turkey mixture the day before so it’s ready to bake after work.
Mini maple bacon-wrapped turkey meatloaves recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 8 slices uncooked applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the inside of each muffin cup with 1 strip of bacon in a circular motion.
- In a bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except for the maple syrup, and mix well.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture among the muffin cups.
- Using a small pastry brush, lightly glaze the top of each meatloaf cup with maple syrup.
- Bake uncovered for 23 – 25 minutes or until the turkey and bacon are completely cooked.
- Serve the meatloaves warm with your favorite side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, a salad or a green vegetable.