With the Super Bowl almost here, the last thing you want to do is stress out over what to make your guests to snack on. With only three ingredients (or two if you want to keep things vegetarian friendly), this tasty dip cooks up effortlessly in the slow cooker.
That’s right… just three simple ingredients make up this amazingly delicious queso. Cream cheese, shredded rotisserie chicken and salsa verde are cooked together in the slow cooker (but you can use the stovetop or oven too) and served with spicy tortilla chips for a super-easy Super Bowl snack.
I used a rotisserie chicken to save myself time in this recipe, but you can certainly use home-cooked chicken if you’d like. Once you shred the chicken, add it to the slow cooker along with the softened cream cheese and the green salsa verde. That’s literally all it takes to make this easy mouthwatering dip that does not disappoint.
3-Ingredient slow cooker queso dip recipe
For an optional pop of color, add some diced tomatoes on top of your dip before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours | Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Yields 16 servings
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (16-ounce) jars green salsa verde
- Tortilla chips or fresh chopped vegetables, for serving
- To the bowl of the slow cooker, add the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese and salsa verde.
- Cover the slow cooker, and set the time to cook on low for 4 hours (mix halfway through the cooking time).
- Once the cream cheese is completely melted, set the cooker to warm so that it does not burn or overcook the dip but still keeps the dip hot.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh sliced vegetables.