Muffin tin taco cups are a surefire way to get kids to chow down
Break out that muffin pan to make these easy taco cups. Use wonton wrappers in place of tortillas, and stuff them full of black beans and butternut squash for a healthy, bite-size dinner even the kids won't complain about.
These little bites are perfect for small hands or even as an appetizer for entertaining guests. (Adults will happily devour these too!) Top your taco cups with sour cream, jalapeño slices, fresh cilantro or any other toppings you like, and pop 'em into your mouth. Watch out — they're addictive.
Mini muffin tin vegetarian taco cups recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time:15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the taco cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup mashed butternut squash
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese mix
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes
- Corn kernels
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with 2 wonton wrappers.
- In a bowl, combine the refried black beans, taco seasoning and salsa, and mix well.
- Spoon the bean mixture into each muffin cup, and top with a small spoonful of the mashed squash.
- Top each cup with grated cheese, and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with desired toppings, and serve warm.