A delicious dinner in just 20 minutes? Look no further. This dish is so simple you’ll want to make it every single week. Plus it’s packed full of fresh apple flavor.
I know that sometimes pork gets a bad rap for being dry and boring, but not this pork. By quickly pan-frying it, you get a delicious pork dish in just 10 minutes. Since the recommended safe minimum temperature on pork has changed, you’re no longer required to cook it until it’s sad and gray. It’s OK to eat your pork a little pink. Plus you’ll love how it’s paired with this sweet apple, onion and apple butter mixture. All of this flavor in just 20 minutes.
Cinnamon apple pork chops recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 bone-in pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more may be needed
- 2 green apples, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- Lay out the pork chops, and season both sides with the desired amount of kosher salt and pepper.
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, and set over medium-high heat.
- Add in the pork chops, and cook till golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Pork no longer needs to be cooked fully, so I like to pull it off when it’s about medium.
- Remove the pork chops, and let them rest while you prepare the apples.
- To the same pan, add the apples, onions and thyme. Season with a little kosher salt, and add more oil if needed.
- Cook just until soft, about 5 minutes, and then stir in the apple butter.
- Serve the pork chops with the apple-onion mixture piled on top.