5 Beer cocktails that will make your Super Bowl party a winner (VIDEO)
Watch as I kick it off with the all-important godfather of beer cocktails, the michelada. Then I'll tackle a few other fan favorites, including a supersweet and refreshing cherry beer slushie, a drink-it-if-you-dare smoky mezcal shandy, a morning-approved, citrus-infused white IPA beer-mosa and last but certainly not least, a twist on an old favorite from our friends across the pond, the half-Guinness, half-Champagne raspberry black velvet.
1. Michelada recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) Tecate (or any other Mexican lager)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Maggi seasoning
- 2 ounces Clamato
- 2 – 3 dashes Cholula hot sauce (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Tajin
- 1 lime wedge
- Extra salt and Tajin, for rimming
- Rim the edge of a glass with the lime wedge.
- On a plate, mix the extra Tajin and extra salt, and dip the rim of the glass into the mixture.
- Add the lime juice, Clamato, Cholula, Maggi seasoning, the rest of salt, the pepper and the rest of the Tajin to the glass.
- Mix well, and add ice.
- Tilt the glass slightly, and slowly pour the beer into the glass.
- Stir gently, and serve.