Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes in a jar makes a sweet on-the-go treat
This simple on-the-go confection is the combination of strawberry cupcakes, no-bake cheesecake and fresh strawberries. It's perfect for a Valentine's Day dessert or to pack as a cute, sweet snack for lunch.
The best part about these treats is that they are perfect to make with kids too. Together you can fill up the little cups for the best ever dessert on the go.
Strawberry cupcake cheesecake layered in a jar recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Chopped fresh strawberries
- Prepare the strawberry cake mix according to the box directions. Fill 24 cupcakes, bake until done, then let cool.
- To the bowl of your electric mixer, add the cream cheese, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste. Beat together until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and beat on low until combined. Turn up the speed to medium, and beat until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour in the sugar, and continue beating until whipped and creamy.
- Take 6 half-pint Mason jars, and add 1 cupcake at the bottom of each jar. Then top with equal parts cheesecake mixture and sliced strawberries. Top with another cupcake, and "frost" with the cheesecake mixture. Place a strawberry on top if desired.