Few things go better together than a good song and a great cocktail. When it comes to award shows, we like to class it up a little — so, we invite some friends over to share in some good food and drink. This past summer, we whipped up some mixed drinks over on Drizzly to match the summer’s hottest hits, and now we’re back with more delectable drinks to match the five songs nominated for Record of the Year. Which will you pick?
“Really Love” by D’Angelo and The Vanguard
We’re in “really love” with this cocktail. Between the fresh coffee and the silky smooth flavor, this drink will help you keep going all night long.
- 1-1/2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- 1/4 ounce amaretto
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground coffee
- In a shaker with ice, combine all the ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a small tumbler and garnish the drink with a pinch of fresh ground coffee
“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
There’s just something about Bruno Mars that screams fun — kind of like classic tiki drink flavors. We whipped up this drink, served it in a coupe glass and topped it with bubbles. The perfect combo of uptown and funk.
- 1-1/2 ounces aged rum (we used 12-year Jamaican rum)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 pineapple simple syrup
- Dry sparkling wine (we used Cava)
- In a shaker with ice, combine the rum, lime juice and pineapple simple syrup.
- Shake the mixture until cold, then strain into a coupe glass.
- Top it with chilled sparkling wine.
For the pineapple simple syrup:
- In a saucepan over heat, combine equal parts sugar and water.
- Stir both until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour it into a container over fresh cubes of cut pineapple.
- Let it sit for 1 day in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge and press pineapple cubes into the mixture, then strain into a fresh container.
- Add a dash of 151-proof rum (or another 80-plus-proof spirit) to help preserve it.
- You can store the syrup in the fridge for up to 1 month.
“Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
You will be loving this till you’re 70 — at least. Who doesn’t want to grow old with this delicious beverage?
- 1-1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 4 ounces tonic water
- 1 lime
- In a tumbler with ice, combine the gin and St. Germain.
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime wedge.
- Top with chilled tonic water.
- Stir lightly with a bar spoon and garnish with a fresh lime wedge or wheel.
“Blank Space” by Taylor Swift
Women drinking whiskey is as hot as Taylor Swift is right now. Friendly warning: A few of these might leave a bit of a “blank space” in your memory.
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1/2 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon marmalade
- In a shaker with ice, combine all the ingredients and shake them vigorously until they’re cold.
- Strain it into a coupe glass and garnish it with lemon.
“Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd
This is a punch that will get everyone on the dance floor. It’s bright, fresh and easy to drink. (May we suggest plastic glasses — this party can get kinda wild.)
Serves 14 – 16
- 16 ounces gin
- 1 bottle Brut sparkling wine
- 2 liters orange dry soda (we used Polar Orange Dry)
- 16 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 4 fresh lemons and limes, sliced
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the gin, lemon juice and orange dry soda.
- Add ice.
- Add the lemon and lime slices.
- Top it with a full bottle of sparkling wine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.