This easy, all-in-one meal even comes packed with Italian sausage and a little kale, so you won’t feel quite so bad about indulging.
The minute I took my first bite of this creamed mushroom linguine, I was reminded of the wonderful pasta dishes I’ve had in fancy restaurants. The taste of the cream, butter and wine is so good together.
Then add a layer of portobello mushrooms that’s in the cream sauce and another layer mixed in with the pasta, and it’s even better.
The flavor of the Italian sausage is subtle and a perfect match with the kale. It’s so good that not only could I cook this in one skillet, but I could also eat it right out of the skillet.
Creamed portobello mushroom and Italian sausage pasta recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 servings cooked (al dente) linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, meat removed from casing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, and add the olive oil and sausage. Stir.
- Stir as the sausage cooks. Continue until the sausage is cooked thoroughly and starts to brown.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and onto a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Using a paper towel, carefully wipe out excess grease from the pan.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat, and add the butter and onions. Stir.
- Stir in 1/2 the mushrooms and all of the garlic. Let cook for about 3 minutes before adding the cream.
- Add the cream, and stir.
- Add the salt, pepper and wine. Stir.
- Carefully transfer the cream mixture into a blender. Pulse the mixture 2 times, and then return it to the pan.
- Add the remaining mushrooms, kale and the sausage. Stir. Let cook for about 3 minutes, and add the pasta.
- Gently stir the pasta in the sauce, and let cook just long enough to warm up the pasta (about 3 minutes).
- Serve while hot, and top with Parmesan cheese.
Before you go, check out our slideshow below.