If you love chicken Parm, you’ve got to try this easy meatloaf version that cooks up in a muffin pan. Not only are they easier than the traditional dish, but they’re gluten-free too.
These mini meatloaves bake up super moist and don’t dry out at all. I like to serve them up with some extra Parmesan cheese on top, along with more tomato sauce for dipping. You can also include some freshly baked, gluten-free Italian bread or pasta, but I enjoy mine with fresh zucchini noodles. I love the green color of the zucchini, plus it’s a great way to add in extra veggies.
I used ground chicken breast in this recipe, but you can use any cut of chicken and even lean ground turkey if you prefer.
Gluten-free chicken Parmesan meatloaf cups recipe
Yields 6 – 8
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
For the meatloaf cups
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato pasta sauce
- Fresh zucchini noodles or cooked gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley, for garnish
- Extra Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, breadcrumbs and all the remaining ingredients for the chicken.
- Mix well, and spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, firmly pressing down.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top of each chicken cup, and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear.
- Arrange the zucchini noodles or cooked gluten-free pasta on a plate. Add the chicken cups, and garnish with fresh basil or parsley and extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Best served warm.