Chicken salad with a curry twist makes your brown bag more exciting
Nobody wants to spend endless hours in the kitchen to make something so simple as chicken salad. Keep things easy and speedy, and pick up a fresh cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocer.
I used the breast (but you can use your favorite meat) and mixed it up in a cool and creamy curry sauce full of delicious spices with tons of flavor. This chicken salad is great served over crisp salad greens or sandwiched between slices of bread.
Shortcut curry chicken salad recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
For the curry sauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup grated sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons currants or raisins
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Mix well, cover, and set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare the salad, to a bowl, add the chicken, green onions and currants (or raisins).
- Pour the homemade curry sauce on top, and mix well until all the chicken is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Cover the salad, and let it chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve over crisp, leafy greens in a salad, or serve on fluffy bread for a sandwich.
- Store leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.