Roasted cauliflower soup topped with kimchee makes a soul-warming combo
I have a huge crush on kimchee. I would put it on anything and everything if I had my way. Take this simple roasted cauliflower soup, for example. It's jazzed up with the addition of tangy and spicy kimchee.
If you have never had kimchee before, it's made from fermented cabbage and is basically the Asian version of sauerkraut. It can be found in most grocery stores, right near the refrigerated salad dressings. And using it as a topping to roasted cauliflower soup is the perfect introduction to it.
Roasted cauliflower soup topped with kimchee recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 small heads cauliflower, stems removed, crowns cut off
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, ends trimmed, quartered
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk (more may be needed)
- 2 cups chopped kimchee
- Sriracha sauce
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- To the baking sheet, add the cauliflower crowns and onion quarters.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are just slightly browned and soft.
- Once soft, remove the vegetables from the oven, and let them cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, add the vegetables to your blender. If your blender jar is not big enough, then do this in 2 steps.
- Add in the coconut milk, and blend until smooth. Add more milk until you have reached your desired consistency. Add the milk to a medium saucepan, and warm it through.
- Serve in bowls, topped with a handful of kimchee and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce, if desired.