Slow Cooker Sunday: BBQ chicken chili comes together in minutes
During the winter months, I seriously love breaking out my slow cooker to make super-easy dinners for my family. While one of our go-to meals is chili, it can certainly become routine and boring, to say the least.
But in this recipe, I made a chicken-based chili and went nontraditional in the flavor department.
Rather than using the typical chili flavors, I made this recipe even tastier by adding my favorite barbecue sauce. This chili is lip-smacking good and even freezes well if you have any leftovers.
Serve it up for dinner or for an easy game day party dish.
Slow cooker barbecue chicken chili recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours | Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
For the chili
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
For the topping
- Sour cream
- Fresh sliced jalapeños
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- To the slow cooker, add all the ingredients for the chili.
- Mix well, and cover the cooker with the lid. Set the time to cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, stir well, and then spoon into bowls.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and fresh jalapeños.