The ultimate easy dessert that’s made in the slow cooker and practically melts in your mouth.
There’s something about the taste of warm apples with cinnamon that reminds me of comfort food. And even more so when topped with vanilla ice cream.
I especially like this dessert when that ice cream starts to melt on top.
It’s so easy to make too. Just put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, and be off on your merry way.
Then load up the serving plates, top with ice cream, and dig in. Count me in on this yummy dessert.
Slow cooker apple cinnamon brandy crisp recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
For the topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 dashes salt
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup uncooked oats
For the filling
- 6 apples (Fuji or Granny Smith), peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooking spray
- To a medium-size bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir together.
- Add the butter. Use a pastry cutter or large fork to cut the butter into the mixture until the texture is on the granular side.
- Stir in the oats. Set aside.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker bowl with cooking spray.
- To a large bowl, add the apples, lemon juice, honey, brandy, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch.
- Toss all the ingredients together to coat the apples.
- Add the apple mixture to the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
- Cover with the lid, and cook for 2 hours on the high setting (or cook for 4 hours on the low setting).
- Serve warm, and top with ice cream.