Our families deserve the best — especially when it comes to the dinner table — but we’re all in the same boat when it comes to busy schedules. If you’re craving the flavors of the dishes from the good old days when Mom used to cook for you, you’re in luck.
We can still satisfy those cravings, but in a much simpler way. These shortcut dishes, like this lasagna recipe, can be very untraditional, but the taste is amazing just the same.
With this recipe, you won’t be making any of the lasagna components from scratch one by one. When time permits, I do that, but it does take a lot of time and work. So to make things faster and simpler, grab your best choices of premade marinara sauce, béchamel sauce and tomato meat sauce from the supermarket, because their tastes matter to the finished dish. Put them together in this simplified version of lasagna that takes only 30 minutes. Buon appetito!
Skillet lasagna rolls recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 8 lasagna noodles, fresh or precooked
- 1 cup béchamel sauce
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup tomato meat sauce
- 1/2 cup (plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling before serving) grated Parmesan
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- On 1 lasagna noodle flat on a plate, spread some tomato meat sauce, béchamel sauce, marinara sauce and Parmesan on top, leaving 1/4 of the end of the lasagna noodle empty. Roll the noodle until the end. Repeat until all the rolls are ready.
- In a large saucepan that can accommodate all the rolls, drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil, then spread a thin layer of marinara sauce and béchamel sauce.
- Place the rolls side by side in the saucepan, and add the remaining marinara sauce, tomato meat sauce and béchamel sauce on top and around the rolls.
- Over low-medium heat, cover the pan, and cook the rolls for about 20 minutes.
- When they are cooked, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, and drizzle with more olive oil.
- Serve warm.