Slow cooker butterscotch pudding cake makes dessert effortless
A few shortcut ingredients bake up into a decadent slow cooker cake that takes only 10 minutes to prep.
If you're like me and really aren't into the whole baking thing or just need a super-easy dessert, this recipe is for you. Boxed cake mix is transformed into one of the easiest desserts ever.
I used a yellow cake mix and added it to my slow cooker along with butterscotch pudding and caramel candies. Once baked, this turns into a deliciously warm, lava cake-like dessert that's topped with caramel ice cream before serving. Yum!
Slow cooker butterscotch cake recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 4 hours | Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 large box butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup caramel candies
- Caramel or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Spray the inside of the Crock-Pot bowl generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, prepare the butterscotch pudding by adding the milk and mixing well. Let stand for 5 minutes or until very thick.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box, then pour the batter into the Crock-Pot bowl.
- Add in the butterscotch pudding and then the caramel candies.
- Cover with the lid, and set to cook for 4 hours on low.
- Once done, spoon the cake into serving bowls, top with ice cream, and serve immediately.