One-Pot Wonder: Rich and creamy red pepper-tomato bisque
This hearty rustic soup is created by blending red peppers and tomatoes into a creamy soup. And it's all made in just one pot.
Sweet red bell peppers are diced and simmered in a vegetable broth with garlicky fire roasted tomatoes in Italian herbs. The addition of heavy cream cuts the acidity of the tomatoes and makes the soup a rich, velvety meal perfect for a warming lunch or dinner.
One-pot creamy red pepper-tomato bisque recipe
This soup can be made ahead of time and warmed when ready to serve. Or freeze it, and enjoy for a future meal.
Serves 4 – 6
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large red bell peppers, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a saucepot over medium-high heat, and add the butter, onion and garlic. Cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until the onions and garlic are translucent and soft.
- Add in the remaining soup ingredients, and reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pot with a lid, and simmer the soup for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot for 1 – 2 minutes or until the mixture is very smooth and creamy.
- Pour the soup into bowls, and garnish with croutons, crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
- Best served warm.