The kale salad recipe that just might convert greens haters
After the craziness of the holidays (which you think ends with Christmas but really doesn't fully leave until New Year's is over), I crave greens. Not just any greens either, but superfood greens. Hey, if you're gonna do this green thing, you might as well get the biggest bang for your nutrition buck, right?
Tuscan kale, if you haven't had it yet, is flatter leafed and way more tender than its traditional curly cousin. I'll admit, as much as I love kale, curly kale can be a bit... chewy... when eaten raw (to say the least). Tuscan kale is much easier to digest and lends itself beautifully to salads because of this. Combined with fresh winter citrus and a creamy tahini dressing, this salad makes healthy eating a walk in the park.
Tuscan kale and orange salad with tahini dressing recipe
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 navel orange, skin removed, sliced into rounds
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice from 1 orange (about 1/4 – 1/3 cup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, place the kale, orange slices and walnuts.
- Whisk together the tahini, orange juice, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pour the dressing into the bowl, toss until well coated, and serve.