Easy Chex mix with cookie butter and white chocolate truffles
The night of all things gold and sparkly is near, and if you're throwing a party, a few gold and sparkly recipes is the way to go.
Roll out the red carpet, grab all your movie-loving friends, and host the hottest awards party with all Oscars-themed food, including this amazing and delicious white chocolate truffles avalanche Chex mix.
A Hollywood take on the classic Chex mix, every bite here is bursting with the delightfully sweet flavors of white chocolate truffles and Biscoff Spread. Meanwhile, soft marshmallows and crunchy glitter add to the already crunchy cereal.
Bonus? You can prepare this two to three days ahead of time! Just don't forget to store it in an airtight container. And try not to eat it all before the party starts.
Besides all of that, five minutes is all it takes to prepare this Chex mix, and another 15 minutes in the oven. When you’re done, you will have a simple party snack with all the elements of snacking success: finger food, delicious food, sweet food, party food.
The 88th Academy Awards ceremony will honor the best movies of 2015 on Feb. 28, 2016, which gives you enough time to put this recipe together!
White chocolate truffles avalanche Chex mix recipe
An easy-to-make yet fun and elegant treat to share at your Oscars-themed party.
Serves 8 – 10
Prep time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes plus cooling time
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 (10.2-ounce) bag Lindt white chocolate truffles, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons Biscoff Spread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Edible gold glitter
- Melted white chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Pour the Rice Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl, and set it aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate truffles, Biscoff Spread and vegetable oil. Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave, and stir it until melted and smooth. If needed, add additional time in 30-second increments, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and marshmallows to the bowl.
- Using a large, rubber spatula, gently stir to coat.
- Transfer the mixture to the previously prepared baking sheet, and spread it out in 1 even layer.
- Place it in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mix from the oven, and allow it to completely cool, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt some white chocolate.
- Transfer the chocolate to a piping bag, and drizzle the chocolate over the mix. Sprinkle the mix with edible glitter.
- Once cooled, break the mix into pieces, and serve immediately.
- If serving a couple of days later, store the puppy chow in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored collaboration between Chex and SheKnows.