Boozy raspberry-Kahlúa hot chocolate — the most decadent way to warm up
Rich hot chocolate with a hint of raspberry is a dessert in itself. But when you add some Kahlúa to the mix, it's a real treat.
Once the hot chocolate is at a temperature for sipping, the first taste is creamy raspberry.
Then next, the heavenly rich chocolate. It's such a nice treat for a cold winter's eve.
Kahlúa-raspberry hot chocolate recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 ounces Kahlúa coffee-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip topping
- Heat a small pan on medium heat, and add the raspberries, water, sugar and salt.
- Stir as the mixture warms up.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a Mason jar or small bowl. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Heat a medium-size pan on medium heat.
- Add the milk, cocoa and 3/4 of the raspberry simple syrup (reserving 1/4 of the syrup for garnish).
- Stir as the hot chocolate warms up. When all the cocoa powder has dissolved and the cocoa is hot (about 10 minutes), stir in the Kahlúa.
- Serve while hot. Pour into serving glasses, leaving about 1 inch of space from the top of the glass.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the remaining raspberry simple syrup on top of the hot chocolate.
- Top with Cool Whip topping. Drizzle the remaining raspberry simple syrup on top of the Cool Whip.