Having brunch and need a quick and easy idea to feed your hungry guests? These creamy goat cheese and fresh baby spinach bites baked up golden brown in phyllo pastry cups are the bite-size recipe you’ve been looking for.
Using phyllo cups found in the frozen section at your grocery store keep these cheesy egg bites perfectly portioned and serve as tasty little bowls to hold the mixture while baking. This recipe will work with just about any vegetable or cheese you have on hand. If you aren’t a fan of goat cheese, try using softened cream cheese in place. Get creative!
You can easily prep these ingredients a day in advance — just wait to fill your phyllo cups until you are ready to bake.
Goat cheese-spinach phyllo cups recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 12 frozen phyllo pastry cups, thawed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 whole eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces softened goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sweet paprika, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the thawed phyllo cups on the baking sheet, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, cream, Parmesan, eggs and remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Carefully fill each phyllo cup with the egg mixture, and bake uncovered for 18 – 20 minutes or until the eggs are firm.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and a sprinkle of sweet paprika.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator.