Bacon and tomato migas — a home-cooked gluten-free breakfast in 15 minutes
Need a quick and easy morning meal that's not only filling but fast? This breakfast recipe is ready in minutes and will leave you satisfied for hours. Plus, it’s gluten-free.
Migas are traditionally a dish made up of fried corn tortilla strips and scrambled eggs. You can add just about any other ingredients to complete your breakfast.
Here, bacon is diced and cooked until crisp in a skillet. Add in corn tortillas pieces, tomatoes, cheese and eggs, and in a matter of minutes you have a hearty meal to start your day. Don't forget to top it off with a spoonful of sour cream, just for good measure.
Bacon and tomato breakfast migas recipe
Save even more time by prepping all your ingredients ahead of time. Do your chopping, dicing and shredding the night before.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onions
- 4 corn tortillas, diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil, bacon and onions, and cook for 5 – 6 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
- Add in the tomatoes, cheese, eggs and seasonings. Place a lid on the skillet, and cook for an additional 3 – 4 minutes or until the eggs are firm.
- Transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with cilantro and sour cream.
- Best served warm.