Bacon-Gorgonzola tart — the appetizer recipe you need for easy entertaining
Turn that puff pastry hiding in your freezer into a super-easy and delicious tart that's perfect for entertaining. This recipe is so simple, and you need only a few additional ingredients to make it something special.
Just thaw that puff pastry, and top it with sweet sliced onions, sharp, salty Gorgonzola cheese and crispy cooked bacon. It doesn't get much easier than that.
OK, you need to do a little bit of work. I made a spread for the bacon layer by simply combining cream cheese, tomatoes, green onion and that salty bacon. But it all comes together with just 10 minutes of prep.
Sweet onion, bacon and Gorgonzola puff pastry tart recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
For the cheese spread
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash fresh cracked pepper, to taste
For the tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cheese spread, and mix well.
- Roll out the puff pastry, and place it on the baking sheet. Spread the cheese mixture generously on top, leaving a small, 1/2-inch border.
- Top with the thinly sliced sweet onions and crumbled Gorgonzola, and bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Slice into pieces, and serve warm or at room temperature.