Who doesn’t love a juicy grilled burger? I love burger night mainly because they’re an easy meal to prepare, and you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time. Plus, it’s fun to switch things up with flavorful additions.
Take these teriyaki chicken burgers. I wanted to jazz up plain burgers and give them an Asian spin, so I used ground chicken breast combined with sesame oil, onions, garlic and curry powder, then finished them off with a sweet teriyaki glaze. These are not your usual burgers.
Teryiaki chicken burger recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
For the burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1/2 sweet onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- Fresh baby spinach
- Sliced red onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Fresh burger buns
- Extra teriyaki sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chicken burgers.
- Mix well, and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the glaze, mix well, and set aside.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and form it into 4 equal-size patties.
- Add the patties to the pan, and brush with the glaze. Grill the burgers for 4 – 5 minutes per side or until the juices run clear.
- Serve on fresh burger buns with sliced tomatoes, spinach, red onions and extra teriyaki sauce, if desired.