You know that delicious, garlicky smell that permeates any pizza joint and blasts you in the face the second you walk through the door? That’s what these delicious little mini sweet potato-goat cheese pizzas will do to you and your house while cooking. If you’re anything like me, that’s definitely not something you’ll be upset about.
Sometimes you just need a little deviation from the traditional red sauce-mozzarella kind of pizza, and that’s exactly what these are — personalized pizzas with a healthier white pizza twist. Sweet potato ribbons and sage couldn’t be more seasonally appropriate and go just perfectly with the warm goat cheese and ricotta spread on the bottom. Save the takeout menu for another night.
Mini sweet potato-goat cheese pizzas recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 small naan pita breads
- 1 small sweet potato, skin peeled, then peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 3 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful sage leaves
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the naan on a baking sheet, and drizzle each piece with a little bit of olive oil (about 1 tablespoon total).
- In a small bowl, place the sweet potato ribbons, and toss with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to coat.
- In a small food processor, place the ricotta, goat cheese and garlic, and puree until smooth.
- Spread the ricotta-goat cheese mixture on top of each piece of naan.
- Place the sweet potato ribbons on top, and evenly sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of each pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the edges of the bread are golden and crispy.
- While the pizza bakes, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sage leaves, and fry for about 20 seconds per side. Transfer to a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Remove the pizza from the oven once done, top with fried sage leaves and with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve warm.
More pizza recipes
Easy chicken taco pizzas
Pita prosciutto pizza
Chicken Alfredo pizza
Leave a Comment