How to create festive napkin holders in under 15 minutes
I don’t know about you, but I’ve discovered that when it comes to creating my holiday tablescapes, the smallest details end up being the most important. No matter how fantastic my centerpieces are or how grand of a meal I cook, I just don’t feel right if I’m missing any of the little table-setting details.
You can only imagine how thrilled I was when Dot & Bo’s in-house craft expert, Josue Zavala, informed me of his super-easy and extremely affordable rustic napkin holder DIY. In no more than 15 minutes, you’ll have the holiday accent of your dreams.
Take a look:
Aren’t they lovely! Here’s how to make these festive rustic napkin holders.
- Hot glue gun
- Paper towel roll
- 1.5-inch-wide holiday ribbon (choose any festive pattern you most enjoy)
1. Measure and mark a little less than half way down your paper towel roll.
2. Cut at your mark. Place the cut piece against your tube to measure a second, identical tube.
3. Take your ribbon and fold down the end to make a neat, straight edge.
4. Place hot glue along the folded-down edge.
5. Press one of your rolls down on the hot glue.
6. Wrap the ribbon around your tube and measure about a 1/2 inch from where the ribbon meets.
7. Cut the ribbon.
8. Unroll your ribbon and fold down the edge that is not attached to the tube to create another clean, straight line.
9. Hot glue the second edge.
10. Pull the ribbon taut around tube, and then press down on the tube.
That's it — you're done! These holiday accents are so easy to make it’s almost unbelievable, and they add the perfect bit of flair to any table setting. Best of all, they are extremely affordable to make. We love how they look with Dot & Bo's rustic cutlery and dishware.
How do you like this simple DIY? Let us know in the comments below.