When it comes to gingerbread, I really hate how those little cookies shaped as men get all the attention. Gingerbread flavor can be put to use in so many (better-tasting) foods, in my opinion, like oatmeal.
This cranberry-gingerbread oatmeal is slow-cooked overnight so you can basically just wake up, take the lid off and serve yourself a delicious bowl of holiday-flavored goodness. The cranberries are a fun combination with the gingerbread and bring a bright, refreshing bite to the gingerbread, molasses and spice flavors.
Cranberry-gingerbread slow cooker oats recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 8 hours | Total time: 8 hours 5 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups steel-cut oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Generous pinch kosher salt
- 6 cups milk/water (any combination of the 2 will do)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients, using only 1/4 cup of the cranberries. Stir, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the lid, and stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberries until heated through.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with additional milk if desired.