I have always had a love for red velvet, but usually it comes in cake form. Lately, though, there seems to be red velvet everything coming on the market. So why not brownies? These brownies give you the flavor of red velvet swirled with delicious vanilla bean cheesecake.
These brownies come out perfectly moist and beautifully swirled with cheesecake filling. You simply cannot go wrong when it comes to red velvet, brownies and cheesecake — am I right?
Red velvet cheesecake-swirled brownies recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 20-25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
For the brownies
- 1 box store-bought red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
For the cheesecake swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer, add the cake mix, melted butter, egg and vegetable oil. Mix together until combined. In a smaller bowl, reserve 1/3 cup of the batter.
- Press the remaining batter into the prepared pan.
- To another bowl of the electric mixer, add all the cheesecake swirl ingredients, and beat until combined and smooth.
- Top the brownie batter with the cheesecake mixture, and smooth to cover.
- To the small bowl of reserved batter, add 3 tablespoons of water to help thin it out.
- Drop the thinned batter onto the cream cheese mixture, and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until completely set.
- Let cool, and slice.