Gingerbread is a fun and tasty treat during the holidays. It's even better when it's in a pancake form for breakfast. These cuties are super quick to make too.
Just make pancakes that are large enough to fit a gingerbread man cookie cutter in the middle, cut out the gingerbread men, and decorate with whipped cream or Cool Whip topping. Then add a few buttons with either more whipped cream or candy sprinkles.
Gingerbread and whipped cream taste so good together that instead of adding syrup, you may just want to add more whipped cream and dig in.
Not that I would ever do such a thing. OK, I'll admit I may have taste tested a few of these yummies with extra whipped cream added to the top.
Gingerbread man pancakes recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray (may not be needed if using a nonstick pan)
- 1 cup whipped cream or Cool Whip topping
- Candy sprinkles
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- To a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, egg, milk, canola oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk together until smooth.
- Spray a large griddle or skillet with nonstick cooking spray (skip this step if using a nonstick pan). Heat the pan on low to medium heat.
- Ladle enough pancake batter onto the griddle to make pancakes large enough for a gingerbread man cookie cutter.
- When the bottom side of the pancake is lightly browned, flip the pancake over, and cook the other side until it's lightly browned.
- Using a gingerbread man cookie cutter, cut out a gingerbread man from each pancake.
- Lightly spread whipped cream or Cool Whip on top of each gingerbread man, leaving about 1/8 of an inch of space from the outside edges of the pancakes.
- Decorate with candy sprinkles, and serve while warm.