Savory one-skillet breakfast makes plain ol' pancakes look boring
One-skillet fully loaded breakfast? Yes, please!
We all know a hearty breakfast is a good way to start the day, but this one's probably better off for the weekend since it takes some time to prep and cook all the ingredients. But I can assure you, you will wake up much earlier than usual when you think about what's in store for you in this breakfast. Or better yet, take your time, and have breakfast for dinner. Potato wedges browned to crisp perfection outside and soft inside, Spanish chorizo lending its wonderful flavor all around the skillet and croutons cooked with garlic and eggs. What's not to love?
Don't forget the herbes de Provence to give that final touch to the whole dish. Herbes de Provence is a mixture of dried herbs from the south of France that you can also replicate at home by mixing dried thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary, marjoram and other herbs. There's no need to gather all of them; just a couple of herbs together will work fine.
Skillet potatoes, chorizo and garlic croutons recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 pound potatoes, skins on, sliced into wedges
- 4 ounces chorizo, sliced
- 2 – 4 slices sourdough bread, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence (or a mixture of dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano and sage)
- 4 eggs
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a medium to large saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, sauté the potatoes for about 30 minutes or until they are tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Note: If you slice the potatoes smaller, they will cook faster. Push them to 1 side of the saucepan.
- Add the chorizo to the other side, the croutons mixed with the garlic on another side and the eggs in the middle of the saucepan. Cover, and wait until the eggs are cooked through. If some of the ingredients are starting to stick to the pan, move them a bit.
- When the eggs are cooked through, sprinkle the remaining herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and fresh parsley into the skillet.
- Serve immediately.