Chocolate and peppermint taste so good together that it’s seriously hard to stop eating these delightful ice cream cakes.
All dolled up with chocolate and candy canes, this cake is the perfect dessert for the holidays.
It not only looks festive, but it tastes heavenly, especially when the ice cream starts to melt just a bit.
I forgot to mention that there is also a smooth and chocolaty frosting on top of the cake that will win your heart over.
Go ahead, indulge. Isn’t that what the holidays are for?
Mini chocolate candy cane ice cream cake recipe
You’ll need three 4-inch mini springform pans for the recipe. Find them online or in many home goods stores.
Prep time: 20 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 4 cups small pieces chocolate cake (approximately a 9-inch round of cake)
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 scoops peppermint ice cream, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons peppermint candy sprinkles
- 6 small candy canes
- 3 (4-inch) mini springform pans
- Grease the insides of the springform pans with canola oil.
- To the bottom of a springform pan, add the cake, and press down firmly to compact it to about 1-1/2 inches from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ice cream, and pat it down with the back of a spoon.
- Add another layer of the chocolate cake on top of the ice cream.
- Put the cake in the freezer, and repeat the process for the other 2 cakes.
- Keep the cakes in the freezer until they harden (about 2 hours).
- Once the cakes are frozen, unbuckle the springform pans, and remove the bottom tray attached to the bottom of each cake.
- Run a thin knife under the cake, and remove it from the tray. Set the cake on a serving plate.
- To a medium-size bowl, add the powdered sugar, cocoa and milk. Whisk until creamy.
- Drizzle the chocolate icing on top of the cake.
- Top with peppermint candy sprinkles.
- Garnish with small candy canes.