There’s no denying that it’s not only kids who enjoy eating spoonfuls of Nutella. Adults love it too. Even if Nutella was created to spread on toast, we find innovative ways to enjoy it. Nutella liqueur, anyone?
The sweet chocolate-hazelnut spread is just too good to not eat (and drink) in different ways. We bake cakes with it, make tarts, cookies, gelato, pastry fillings, brownies and so much more. The possibilities are endless.
Here I am sharing a Nutella recipe with a slightly different angle. Nutella liqueur — or Nutellino, as it is called in Italy — can be enjoyed as an after-dinner drink with ice, poured into shot glasses or turned into cocktails by mixing it with other ingredients. The best thing about it? It’s outrageously easy to make with just three ingredients. Yes, really.
Homemade Nutella liqueur recipe
It takes 15 minutes to make and an hour to wait, and then it’s happy hour time with Nutella.
Yields 1 cup
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup shelf stable or ultra-pasteurized milk
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup grain alcohol or 80 proof vodka
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm up the milk, and then add the Nutella. Mix well until the Nutella completely melts. Let it cool.
- Once the Nutella mixture has cooled down, mix in the alcohol.
- Pour the Nutella liqueur into a dry, sterile bottle, and seal. This can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1 month.
More Nutella recipes
Pizza sandwich with Nutella, coconut and pistachios
Fried Nutella ravioli
Leave a Comment