I have always loved cookies, but I love them even more when those cookies are stuffed with chocolate-caramel candy. It’s like a little candy surprise hidden in the middle of each and every soft, sugar cinnamon-coated cookie.
I used Rolos in my cookies, but you can use any candy you adore, really — mini Snickers, Reese’s cups or even Junior Mints. This cookie is versatile and a breeze to make. You’ll love every single bite, and they might just become your new holiday favorite.
Rolo-stuffed snickerdoodle cookies recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 10 minutes per tray | Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1-3/4 cups white sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Mini Rolo candies
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or Silpat liners. Set aside.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter and 1-1/2 cups of sugar. Mix for about 3 minutes to cream the mixture.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and kosher salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the mixer, and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough, stick a Rolo in the middle, and top with another tablespoon of dough. Meld together, and slightly flatten. Roll in cinnamon sugar, and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes per tray or until crispy around the edges.