Don't spend the holidays baking — whip up no-bake vegan snowballs instead
More and more people are choosing a vegan lifestyle, and with the holidays rolling around, having a vegan cookie on your dessert table isn't a bad idea.
These easy homemade snowballs are vegan, gluten-free and no-bake, so they satisfy just about any requirement you have when it comes to holiday cookies.
Make sure you look for organic powdered sugar, as some sugars are not actually vegan. Most grocery stores carry all these ingredients, but if you have trouble finding them, then look in your local health food store or even an online store for these plant-based diet staples.
Easy no-bake vegan snowball cookies recipe
Prep time: 30 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon pure amaretto extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar, for coating
- To a bowl, add the blanched almonds, and cover them with the warm water. Soak the almonds for 2 hours to allow them to soften.
- Drain the almonds, and add them to a food processor along with the amaretto extract, coconut oil, agave and sea salt.
- Blend on high about 2 minutes or until the mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Transfer to a bowl, fold in the almond flour, and mix well. Using a tablespoon, form your desired-size snowballs, and then roll each snowball generously in powdered sugar.
- Place the sugared snowballs on the baking sheet, and let them chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container, and keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.