Candied ginger and whiskey make your holiday fudge a showstopper
When you think of fudge, you probably think thick blocks of chocolate, peanut butter or similar flavored candy. This recipe is anything but traditional and gets a spicy and slightly sweet, boozy makeover. This is not your usual holiday fudge.
Candied ginger and whiskey make this candy super flavorful without being overpowering. The white chocolate in this dessert helps balance out the spicy sweetness of the ginger, while the whiskey adds just the right amount of boozy flavor.
Serve this sweet candy during the holidays on your dessert table, or wrap up a batch in some fun holiday paper, and gift it to a neighbor, friend or family member.
Candied ginger-whiskey fudge recipe
Yields 24 pieces
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes | Inactive time: 2 hours | Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- To a medium-size pot, add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and butter. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to bubble, about 2 to 3 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add in the white chocolate chips, and stir constantly until the white chocolate melts and the mixture is very smooth and thick, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally, add in the whiskey, ginger and sea salt, and mix very well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and let chill for 2 hours or until firm and solid.
- Remove the fudge from the pan, and cut it into desired size pieces. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for several days.