5-Minute chocolate-peanut butter mug cake for when you need dessert now
This easy dessert for one is ready in five minutes from start to finish. Yes, really! All you need is chocolate cake mix and a few other ingredients to give you an out-of-this-world chocolaty dessert that’s ready in no time.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just have the worst craving for sweets, especially cake. I love cake, and when I want it, I really don’t want the hassle of having to either bake or buy an entire cake just for my sugar fix.
This simple and delicious recipe uses boxed chocolate cake mix and peanut butter to create a single-serve dessert that is ready in literally minutes. If you don’t like chocolate, any flavor of cake mix will work. And if you can’t have peanut butter, then try almond butter or hazelnut butter in its place.
Chocolate-peanut butter mug cake recipe
Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons boxed chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half or milk
- Pinch sea salt
- Whipped cream
- Mini chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine the cake mix, 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter and all the remaining ingredients, and mix very well.
- Place the mug in the microwave, and heat for 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked completely.
- Remove from the microwave, and top the warm cake with the remaining tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.