Tofu might not be everyone’s favorite ingredient, but when it’s cooked like this, you might just have some converts at the dinner table.
When we cook, we want two things: ease in preparation and incredible flavors. With this Meatless Monday dish, we get both. Simply put all the ingredients together in a paper pouch (en papillote, if you want to sound fancy), then bake. All you need is 30 minutes, and your kitchen will smell so good. This tofu cooked with balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano and other healthy ingredients will make your mouth water before you even taste it.
Baked garlic tofu with tomatoes recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained well and divided into 4 blocks
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 garlic cloves, halved and crushed
- 2-1/2 teaspoons capers
- 8 cherry tomatoes, top parts sliced crisscross with the tip of a knife
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, place the tofu, then add the balsamic vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- On 4 pieces of baking paper, place each tofu on top, then distribute the balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Distribute the lemon zest, garlic, capers, cherry tomatoes and parsley.
- Gather the ends of each baking paper, and tie them up until you have 4 packages.
- Place them on a baking pan, and bake for 25 minutes.