Apple pie meets cinnamon rolls in this easy breakfast hack
If you’re a fan of apple pie and cinnamon rolls, then this marriage of the two is a recipe you should not pass up. Canned apple pie filling is spooned onto refrigerated cinnamon roll dough and baked up golden brown for the quickest (and tastiest) breakfast hack.
These rolls are just the thing for an easy holiday breakfast or brunch, and they can even double as dessert over coffee or tea. Not a fan of apples? Try peaches or pears in this recipe for a creative twist that won’t overpower the cinnamon flavor.
Easy apple pie cinnamon rolls recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 (12.4 ounce) packages refrigerated cinnamon rolls with glaze
- 1 cup canned apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Pinch sea salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out both cans of cinnamon rolls on a lightly floured surface into 1 large rectangle.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, spices and sea salt, and mix well. Spoon the apple pie filling on top of the dough, and roll up the dough (as tightly as possible) into a log.
- Cut the log into 8 to 10 rolls, and place them in the baking dish.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown. Drizzle the glaze on top of the warm cinnamon rolls, and serve immediately.