When all you can think about is that slice of delicious blueberry cheesecake that you had with your coffee the other day, and you’re dreaming about it as soon as you wake up in the morning, don’t worry — there is a way to satisfy that craving.
Just put all those decadent ingredients (minus the butter) into your oatmeal, and have blueberry cheesecake heaven right in your breakfast bowl.
I love how the blueberry jam transforms the usual off-white oatmeal to a vibrant purple, leaving a wonderful aroma and flavor of berries. And it’s such a feast for the eyes, with all the fresh blueberries, almonds and mint bobbing on top of the purple oatmeal. With the first spoonful, you will be so glad you made this for breakfast.
Blueberry cheesecake oatmeal recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
- 1/4 cup crushed cookies (like graham crackers or vanilla wafers)
- 1/3 cup (or more, to taste) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and oats. Cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the sugar, and mix.
- When the oatmeal is cooked, mix in the cream cheese, crushed cookies and blueberry jam, then transfer to 2 breakfast bowls.
- Top with the fresh blueberries, almonds and mint.