Salted caramel cheesecake bars — the indulgent way to end your holiday meal
Need a super-easy but oh-so-delicious dessert fit for a holiday meal? These salted caramel cheesecake bars are just the sweet thing to whip up for your family and friends to drool over.
A simple cheesecake mixture is spread on top of a graham cracker crust, then baked and cut into bars. Serve this indulgent treat with an easy shortcut caramel sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt that brings out the wonderful flavors of this amazing dessert.
Salted caramel cheesecake bars recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes | Bake time: 25 minutes | Inactive time: 1 hour | Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
For the topping
- Caramel sauce (I used ice cream topping)
- Sea salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line a baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter. Mix well, and press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- To a bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to mix very well, until the cheesecake filling is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cheesecake layer on top of the graham cracker crust, and bake uncovered for 22 to 25 minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the cheesecake to cool for 1 hour.
- When cool, remove the cheesecake from the pan, and cut it into squares.
- Add the caramel sauce to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds or until warm. Drizzle the sauce on top of the bars, and sprinkle with sea salt before serving.