Easiest-ever Thanksgiving dessert: No-bake layered pumpkin treat
Forget the pie crusts and the mixing and the baking. This 15-minute no-bake pumpkin dessert is what your Thanksgiving needs.
This super-easy seasonal treat is layered in a baking dish with crushed Oreo cookies as the "crust" and a creamy vanilla pudding and pumpkin filling. To finish things off, a nice, thick layer of whipped topping gets spread over the top. This is hands down the easiest dessert you'll make this year.
No-bake pumpkin dream dessert recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes | Inactive time: 30 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 package Oreo sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups vanilla almond milk or skim milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) tub whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- To a medium-size baking dish, add the crushed cookies, reserving about 1/4 cup for the topping. Press the cookies down firmly into the bottom of the dish to act as the crust.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the pudding mix and almond milk, and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes until very thick.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice, then spread evenly on top of the crushed cookies.
- Spread the whipped topping over the pumpkin layer, and top with the reserved 1/4 cup of crushed cookies. Freeze the dessert for 30 minutes or until firm.
- When ready to serve, spoon the dessert into bowls or onto dessert plates. Best served immediately.