Flourless cakes with candy cane mint candies are a festive treat
Somewhere between a chocolate lava cake, a flour-less chocolate cake and a gooey brownie you get these magical little cupcakes. What makes them so delicious is that the center turns out like this:
The HERSHEY’S KISSES Candy Cane Mint Candies melt into the middle and create the perfect chocolate center, plus the candy cane swirl adds a festive holiday touch. Whip out these delightfully decadent chocolate cakes and everyone will be wowed by your baking ability, it's up to you if you want to reveal just how easy they are to make!
Flourless peppermint Kiss-filled cakes recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chips
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 to 20 HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Mint Candies
- Preheat oven to 300
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and cream over medium heat.
- Place the HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet in a heat proof bowl. As soon as the cream and butter mixture comes to a simmer pour it over the chocolate chips and allow to cool for a two or three minutes. Whisk together until the chocolate chips are completely dissolved into the cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Whisk in the eggs and the egg yolks followed by the vanilla.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the other ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined cupcake pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking unwrap the HERSHEY’S KISSES Candy Cane Mint Candies.
- As soon as the cakes come out of the oven gently press a kiss into the top of each cake. They'll melt into the cakes and leave a perfect Candy Cane chocolate center!
This post is part of collaboration between Hershey’s and SheKnows